2020 saw Side by Side move to a virtual teaching environment which the students embraced with relative ease.
The DRAMA classes, the DANCE class and the DIGITAL MEDIA class have met regularly online, with great results.
- have recorded and produced 12 podcasts
- are rehearsing for a future concert featuring extracts from The Owl and The Pussycat, Beauty and the Beast, The Frog Princess and several others
- have helped to write and develop a new story based on two young women accidentally going into a parallel universe where everyone has a magic power
- are producing Jack and the Beanstalk (a Ronald Dahl poem)
- created a 'hat dance' and a puppet show using their own cuddly toys.
The students are also developing movement skills with improvised mime tasks and vocal techniques